Compact Powerhouse Added to The Lutheran Study Bible Line-Up
Weighing in at a slim 2.1 pounds, the newest addition to The Lutheran Study Bible line-up is a compact powerhouse. Just released by Concordia Publishing House, The Lutheran Study Bible—Compact Paperback Editioncontains the in-depth scholarship of the original The Lutheran Study Bible in a portable, versatile size.
Since its release in 2009, tens of thousands of individuals have adopted The Lutheran Study Bible as their preferred Bible for personal study.
The handy size of The Lutheran Study Bible—Compact Paperback Edition makes it a convenient and economical choice for readers. The new edition is also a perfect choice for congregations buying in bulk, for classrooms and youth rooms, gift-giving, outreach efforts, and more.
The Lutheran Study Bible is the first Bible in English to be developed from the ground-up with notes that are distinctively Lutheran, prepared by Lutheran theologians and pastors from over twenty Lutheran church bodies. Current Lutheran scholarship, insights from the Church Fathers, and rich devotional commentary provides meaningful perspective for both young and mature Christians.
The Lutheran Study Bible—Compact Paperback Edition features the same content found in the regular editions but in a more compact size.
- 26,500-plus uniquely Lutheran study notes
- Over 2,000 application notes and prayers for every part of the Bible
- 80,000 center column cross-references
- Over 900 cross-references to 120 full or half-page maps, charts, and diagrams
- 220-plus articles and introductions to biblical books and topics
- 31,000 concordance entries
- Insights from Early-, Medieval-, and Reformation-era Church Fathers.
- Uses the English Standard Version translation (ESV), one of the most precise English translations available
- Words of Christ in black
- 6-point type.
- Dimensions: approx. 5.25" x 7.25" x 1.75"
The Lutheran Study Bible—Compact Paperback Edition is available for purchase at cph.org. For more information, visit cph.org/lutheranbible or contact Lindsey Martie, CPH Public Relations, by phone at 314-268-1303, or by email at Lindsey.Martie@cph.org.
About Concordia Publishing House
Concordia Publishing House (CPH) is the publishing arm of The Lutheran Church—Missouri Synod. For 150 years, CPH has been providing individuals, churches, and schools with products that are faithful to the Scriptures and the Lutheran Confessions. From books and Bibles to church supplies, curriculum, and software, CPH offers over 10,000 products to support the proclamation of the Gospel worldwide. Visit CPH online at cph.org.