Luther’s Small Catechism with Explanation—2017 Edition Now Available
2017 Explanation provides a lens to interpret God’s Word in the midst of challenging cultural times
A brief scan of current news headlines reveal that our culture has become increasingly diverse in worldview and often hostile to Christian beliefs. The newly released Luther’s Small Catechism with Explanation—2017 Edition addresses these changing times, through the lens of God’s Word, providing a practical guide for living the daily Christian life.
The Small Catechism (the enchiridion) remains the same, but the Explanation has been revised for the first time since 1991. The 2017 Edition is “down-to-earth, thorough, and cares for the souls of its students,” says Rev. David Fleming, senior pastor at Our Savior Lutheran Church in Grand Rapids, MI. “In a fresh and helpful way the explanation beautifully teaches the riches of our Lord's Word and applies this teaching in a clear, insightful, honest, and pastoral way.”
- The Central Thought section guides the reader through simple Bible study and reflection questions
- A Closer Reading helps the reader dig deeper into the wording of Luther’s Small Catechism
- Connections and Applications relates Scripture to important issues in today’s culture
- Psalms, hymns, and prayers combine Scripture and catechism study for devotional use
- Bible narrative references, expanded notes, and quotes from Martin Luther and the Confessions delve into God’s Word
- Expanded appendix provides helpful articles, reference material, and a glossary to aid in personal study
For more information on Luther’s Small Catechism with Explanation—2017 Edition or to order, please visit cph.org or contact Lindsey Martie, Public Relations, by phone at 314-268-1303 or by email at Lindsey.Martie@cph.org.
Special introductory pricing of $14.49 is available for Luther’s Small Catechism with Explanation—2017 Edition for a limited time. Additional promotional tools, Bible reading plans, and more resources are available at cph.org/catechism2017.
About Concordia Publishing House
Concordia Publishing House (CPH) is the publishing arm of The Lutheran Church—Missouri Synod. For over 145 years, CPH has been providing individuals, churches, and schools with products that are faithful to the Scriptures and the Lutheran Confessions. From books and Bibles to church supplies, curriculum, and software, CPH offers over 8,000 products to support the proclamation of the Gospel worldwide. Visit CPH online at cph.org.